ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) services
All 9 counties of the Eastern Shore
ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) is the process of systematically applying interventions based upon the principles of learning theory to improve socially significant behaviors to determine a meaningful degree, and to demonstrate that the interventions employed are responsible for the improvement in behavior.
ABA therapy services include a variety of interventions identified as evidence-based by nationally recognized research reviews. The following ABA therapy services are available to eligible children/adolescents:
- ABA assessment and reassessment administered by a BCBA-D or BCBA;
- Individual therapy administered face-to-face to children/adolescents by any ABA provider;
- Group therapy administered to multiple children/adolescents by any ABA provider;
- Social skills group therapy administered by a BCBA-D, BCBA or BCBa;
- Multiple-family group training administered by a BCBA-D or BCBA
Children/adolescents are eligible if they are under 21 years of age, enrolled in the Maryland Medical Assistance Program, living in the community, diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) by a qualified healthcare professional, and referred to the Administrative Services Organization (ASO) for ABA therapy services, who preauthorizes child/adolescent for necessary ABA services. For more information on receiving these services, contact us below.