Work With Us
Interested in joining our dynamic, growing team? Passionate about making a big impact in the community? Open positions with Ocean Front Counseling are listed below – review the job descriptions and click here to apply today!
Questions about any of the positions listed below? Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
Registered Behavior Technician Candidate
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Candidate
Registered Behavior Technician – RBT
Enter a field that has been ranked in the Top 10 Most Meaningful Professions by Forbes magazine! Does playing with kids energize you? Are you interested in helping children with a clinical diagnosis of Autism learn by using the best effective treatment methods science has to offer? If you answered yes to these questions, consider joining our expanding team of professionals who are dedicated on providing the best services to children with Autism! Ocean Front has developed an excellent reputation by providing the most effective, professional and personable behavior analytic services in 15 counties throughout the state of Maryland. We are seeking like-minded individuals with a passion for teaching special needs populations using evidenced based methodologies. The Ocean Front Counseling team believes in developing talent from within our ranks and will assist in providing onboarding training and experience to be successful in acquiring the RBT certification. We also offer a career path towards Board Certification for the right candidates.
RBTs work 1:1 with children who have Autism to help them with communication, daily living, and socialization, including a variety of play activities. Under the direct supervision of our Board Certified Behavior Analysts, you will deliver a curriculum that has been determined as appropriate and ideal from formal assessments, and proven effective, from over 70 years of evidenced research. RBTs are the backbone of ABA Therapy, as they provide evidence based therapies directly to clients in the home setting.
Do you like having the freedom to design a schedule that works around you?! The position is contractual, and you are able to set your own schedule! Hours available are typically after school and on the weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have the ability to obtain the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) credential and pass the required examination within one month of joining the team. RBT class is 40 hours, and is 100% online. Class fee, application fee, assessment, and exam voucher paid by Ocean Front Counseling. Candidates must successfully obtain the certification before being eligible to work independently with consumers.( http://bacb.com/rbt/)
- Abide by Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) code of Ethics. http://bacb.com/ethics/
- Abide by HIPAA policies and procedures
- Attend trainings and maintain effective knowledge of identified qualifications/competencies listed below:
- Assimilate and carrying out direction from supervising behavior analyst for therapy and data collection
- Provide effective behavior evidence based treatments
- Collect unbiased and accurate data during therapy sessions
- Proactively communicate with supervising behavior analyst for questions and feedback
- Maintain reliable transportation, a driver’s license, and car insurance
Skills and Attitudes
- Maintain professional relationships with clients.
- Approach stressful situations with grace.
- Communicate effectively and be able to resolve conflict in a straightforward and timely manner.
- Remain organized, great time management skills.
- Friendly, empathetic
- Treat clients and their family members, and fellow staff with respect.
- Ability to read and communicate digitally and on paper
Education & Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in a related field to behavior analysis or education, including: special education, child development and psychology, among others
- Preferred one year experience working in a related field
- Set your own schedule
- Manageable caseloads
- Ability to obtain Registered Behavior Technician credential
- Free mentoring towards Board Certification (BCBA)
- Be a valued member of a team making a difference in the lives of our clients every day.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
A Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) has a graduate-level certification in behavior analysis. Individuals who are certified at the BCBA level are qualified to develop behavior plans and principles and supervise others implementing behavior-analytic interventions.
- Providing behavior assessments
- Providing behavior consultation
- Training family members and staff in behavior principles and strategies
- Supervising case loads
- Primary population is people with Autism and intellectual disabilities
- In-home and community based setting
- BCBA Credential obtained
- Master’s Degree
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours/month