Who We Are
Ocean Front Counseling provides services and support to children and adults with cognitive, psychiatric and autism-related disabilities and their families and caregivers.
Formed in 2007 around the kitchen table of Dr Sharon Wiley-Spurrier, PsyD BCBA, OFC has a team of dedicated practitioners to meet the needs of Eastern Shore families through quality services, including ABA services, Autism Waiver services, and other community services under the State of Maryland’s Developmental Disability Administration.
We work closely with you and your loved ones at every stage, providing assessments, individualized plans and dedicated support, to see you and your family achieve your goals.
Ocean Front Counseling provides services and support to children and adults facing cognitive, psychiatric and autism disabilities and their families.
Our services are guided by 4 principles:
- You and your family are the driving force behind your supports. We work with you to achieve your goals – not the other way around.
- Our practitioners are competent, professional, qualified, and eager to help, with years of experience informing all that they do.
- We are always learning. All our staff are active in ongoing training and education so that your support is informed by the most up-to-date research and practice.
- We collaborate: we work closely with other agencies in the private and public sectors to ensure the whole needs of your family are met.
Our professional, certified staff are ready to help you and your family to support your needs. We currently offer the following services:
ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) services
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is the process of applying scientific principles and the best available evidence about behavior analysis to supports, using proven methods to make positive change in the lives of persons with autism.
ABA therapy includes a wide range of practices administered by a BCBA. The following are available through Ocean Front:
- ABA assessment and planning
- 1:1 therapy
- Group therapy
- Social skills group therapy
- Multiple family group training
Eligible persons must be under 21, enrolled in the Maryland Medical Assistance Program, diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) by a qualified healthcare professional, and referred to the Administrative Services Organization (ASO).
Autism Waiver Services
We also provide services for children with autism ages 2 to 21 under Maryland’s Autism Waiver program. These home and community-based services are provided to children and their families to help them live in the community as independently as possible. These services include:
- Respite Care
- Family Consultation
- Intensive Individual Support Services
- Therapeutic Integration
- Adult Life Planning
Each child and family develops an individualized treatment plan, with goals identified by the family that we work together to achieve. Our clinicians work with you to implement these plans with set weekly hours for each family.
DDA Community Services
Ocean Front Counseling also provides services for individuals with autism and their families under Maryland’s Developmental Disability Administration:
Behavioral Support Services (BSS)
Ocean Front provides supports for children and adults displaying behaviors that interfere with their goals in acquiring skills, gaining social acceptance, or becoming full participants in the community. We work with you to develop Behavior Plans, which help to modify behavior through the use of clinically-accepted techniques to manage and improve challenging behaviors and make progress towards desired goals.
Ocean Front Transition Services is in the process of becoming a Division of Rehabilitation Service (DORS) provider for vocational evaluation, job development, job coaching, and supported employment. Contact us to find out more!
Where We Work
We provide all of the services listed above for families and individuals across all counties of Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore:
- On the Eastern Shore: Worcester, Somerset, Wicomico, Dorchester, Talbot, Caroline, Queen Anne’s, Kent, and Cecil counties
- In Southern Maryland: St. Mary’s, Charles, Calvert, and Prince George’s counties
- In Northern Maryland: Harford County
Want to find out more? Simply complete the form below, and a member of our staff will be in touch with you shortly. Alternatively, feel free to call or write with the details below, or find us on the map.